Thursday, January 18, 2007

Zelda II: 3 hours



So, plugging in Zelda II The Adventure of Link I was trying to be optimistic. I have played many wonderful RPGs before, and this was supposed to be a challenging one.

A few minutes into it I thought to myself "This ain't so bad"

Two hours later it became "Well, this is kind'a tedious... and pretty tough..."

Three hours later it became "YOU'RE F@#*-ING KIDDING ME!"

Yes, my friends, Zelda II is a tough game. I didn't say BAD, I said TOUGH. Really tough. Like deciding between getting your eye sliced open in a Salvador Dali movie or having to watch someone getting their eye sliced open in a Salvador Dali movie. Tough decision... tough game.

One of the many tasks that makes Zelda II so very difficult, in my opinion, is the leveling system. You can only level up one attribute at a time. Which, in and of its self is not TOO bad, but then it becomes tougher to raise anything else. Compounded upon this is the fact that you cannot choose which stat to level at a time.

Because of this, I had to reach a "3 attack/3 magic/3 life" myself before I could even stand a chance in the first dungeon. I was ready to throw my DS through the wall last night I got so frustrated.

Well, 3 hours down... what can I expect next from the "Hardest Zelda Game"? Well, it takes me looking around for help in all the areas that I can.

So my first stop is Zelda Legends to download the Japanese Manual hoping that there might be something I can figure out from the original game.

Nope... no help. Drat.

No comments: