Thursday, January 18, 2007

I GOTTA WIN!

My apologies for making this blog into a gaming blog all of a sudden... but this is my blog and I'll blog if I want to, blog if I want to, blog if I want to... you would blog too if you played Zelda too... doot do doot do. Spoilers abound ahead.

So I finally mapped the paths through and through of level 9, took a deep breath and approached Gannon. And then went shrieking into my hidy-hole to lick my wounds. It's hard to fight something that is invisible and shooting at you all the time.

Time to re-look at the rulebook for clues. It speaks of another object to help you on the way. Hmm... the magic shield? Let me try that (PUMMELED) Nope... didn't work. How about bombs? 10th enemy has the bomb... (POUND POUND POUND) nope... not that either. After going through everything and about ready to go to bed I make one last fight. How about the magic wand? (LITIGATED) Nope... doesn't seem like tha... wha? That was Gannon. He appeared. (Whacks with sword). Hey! Maybe the wand is the right thing! Ah! There he is again!

Long story short (too late) after hitting Gannon (eventually) with a silver arrow I saw him fall to dust. YES! I have completed it! 19 hours and 35 minutes. Jeez... didn't seem that long! And a majority of that was making a map.

Now, since the quest is to finish the games and not 100% all the games, I will save the master quest for the first Zelda for later.


Here's the map I made for this adventure. GAWD you really need a map to help you get around and find things. It was actually one of the more enjoyable parts of this game. As Derek would say, Clicky on it to get a full-size version.

To celebrate, I got breakfast at work and got a LINK sausage. Get it? Eh? Eh?

Interesting Note: The Super Nintendo in Japan (the Super Famicom) has an accessory called the Satellaview which was a satellite adapter to download games from a satellite. They re-vamped the original game with SNES quality graphics. View some pictures here.

So with the first adventure over (and me definitely wanting more), today I begin on the black sheep of the Zelda family (not counting the CD-i games... those are just dis-owned) Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for the NES.

This side scrolling adventure was let loose on the public January 14th 1987. Hey! Just 20 years a few days ago! Now, I bought this game this past weekend on Game Boy Advance as I cannot seem to find a good deal on the gold NES cart anywhere. Well, here we go.

No comments: