Monday, March 05, 2007

Ocarina of Time: 4 Hours

Well, I can see how this game would have been revolutionary at the time the N64 came out, but I'm just 'not feelin it'. Personally, I LOVE the 2/3 view from the last few games that I have played. This just does not feel 'Zelda' to me. Eh, we'll get some more playing in the next few days and see if I'll be inspired to be a fan of this new way of playing.

I am amazed at how Nintendo continues to push people's minds with the series. That's the challenging part of each game in that you have to figure things out for yourself... no hints. Thinking to use the stick to make a torch to burn the web is not something arrived at very easily. It makes for fun (but frustrating) play. Well, the Doku Tree level is done so now I head off to the castle. Thought it would go faster... this one's gonna be tough.

To be honest, I have been more excited about SNES games than this one. (sigh) But complete the challenge I must.

No comments: