Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Minish Cap Quest was a Success!



I beat it! No really, I did. Click the image to see one of the closing credit screens (kind'a dark, but it's there). This game doesn't say "The End" so, it was nerve racking to get a picture... especially at 11:35pm. So official time was 23 hours and 4 minutes.


How do I feel about this game? Right off the bat I liked the humor and how it reminded me of Wind Waker. I really liked the searching for holes and ways to get through cracks... that feature was lots of fun. BUT (and this is a big but) I hated how it took forever to advance to a place JUST BECAUSE you had to trigger an event. And with events maybe activating after a dungeon or from talking to a Picori on the other side of the world... that was greatly annoying.

The game engine was tight... but to tell the truth (compared to all the other games) the ending was too easy. I really hate saying that because I really hate it when other people say that about games... it makes them sound smug. For me (who just finished all but the most recent two Zelda games) the ending could have been a bit tougher. In fact all the bosses were easier than I had anticipated. Which was ok... I really hate tough games that are tough just to be tough (koff)majorasmask(koff), but to defeat the enemies was just to wait them out and attack when you can. It's a good game, but I really think a line of code or two could have made it better.

The figurines were a great add-on and I enjoyed collecting them... but I wish I could have looked at them at any time from the menu.

But I still liked it. A lot.

So, for a really interesting game that I wouldn't mind finding all the hidden things... but despise the searching around the whole game world to talk to one character to open the friggin' library... I give Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap four Picori Warios.


Onward ho... to the game that I have been waiting most of a year (literally) to play... and ignoring/avoiding all information about the storyline and gameplay: Twilight Princess on the Wii!

No comments: